Korean Air Pet Policy on Air1network
Korean Air recognizes the importance of keeping furry companions close during travel and offers a comprehensive pet travel program to ensure a safe and comfortable journey for pets. Whether you're traveling domestically or internationally, Korean Air allows passengers to bring their pets on board, subject to certain guidelines and restrictions. The airline provides specific policies for transporting pets in the cabin, as well as for transporting them as cargo. With a focus on the well-being and care of pets, Korean Air ensures a smooth and enjoyable travel experience for both passengers and their beloved animal companions. You can read the information on Korean Air flying with pets with Air1Network.
What is the Korean Air Pet Policy?
Korean Air pet policy provides guidelines for passengers who wish to travel with their pets. The reservations time is set to be 24 hours before flight departure and 48 hours for international flights. Here are the key details:
1. Cabin Pet Travel:
- Only small dogs and cats are allowed to travel in the cabin.
- The combined weight of the pet and carrier must not exceed 10 kg (22 lbs).
- A limited number of pets are permitted in the cabin, so it is advised to make reservations in advance.
- Pets must remain in an airline-approved carrier under the seat in front of you throughout the flight.
- Additional charges apply for cabin pet travel.
2. Cargo Pet Travel:
- For larger pets or those ineligible for cabin travel, Korean Air offers cargo services.
- Pets traveling as cargo are placed in a suitable container and transported in a temperature-controlled, pressurized compartment.
- It is important to comply with the specific requirements for pet containers and documentation.
3. Health and Documentation:
- Pets must have the necessary health certificates, vaccinations, and documentation as required by the destination country's regulations.
- Some countries may have specific import regulations, including quarantine periods, that must be followed.
It is essential to review the Korean Air pet policy, contact our customer service for specific details at any time of the day around the clock.
How much is the Korean Air Flying with Pets?
The cost of flying with a pet on Korean Air can vary depending on several factors, including the size of the pet, the travel class, and the route. Here are some general guidelines:
1. Cabin Pet Travel:
- There is typically a fee for traveling with pets in the cabin of about KRW 30,000.
- The fee can vary based on the destination and may be charged per flight segment; could be around KRW 150,000.
2. Cargo Pet Travel:
- For pets traveling as cargo, the cost is generally determined based on the weight and size of the pet and the destination.
- Additional charges may apply for services such as handling, documentation, and any specific requirements of the destination country.
What are the Kennel Requirements for Korean Air?
Korean Air has specific requirements for pet kennels or carriers to ensure the safety and comfort of pets during travel:
1. Size and Dimensions:
- The kennel or carrier should provide sufficient space for the pet to stand, turn around, and lie down comfortably.
- The dimensions should adhere to the size restrictions specified by Korean Air.
2. Construction and Materials:
- The kennel should be sturdy, well-ventilated, and escape-proof.
- It should be made of non-toxic materials with secure locking mechanisms.
3. Door and Ventilation:
- The kennel should have a secure door that can be fastened properly.
- It should have adequate ventilation on at least three sides to ensure proper airflow.
4. Absorbent Material:
- The kennel floor should be lined with absorbent material to manage any spills or accidents.
- The kennel should have a clear identification tag with the pet's name, owner's contact details, and any necessary documentation.
If you need further information on Korean Air flying with pets then you can reach out to Air1Network at any hour of the day around the clock which is available 24/7.
FAQs on Korean Air Flying with Pets
Can I bring a dog on Korean Air?
Yes, Korean Air allows dogs to travel either in the cabin or as cargo, depending on their size and other factors.
Can larger pets travel on Korean Air?
Yes, larger pets can travel as cargo in a suitable container.
Are there specific requirements for pet containers?
Yes, pet containers should meet certain standards for size, ventilation, and security.
Are there additional fees for traveling with a pet?
Yes, there are usually fees associated with traveling with pets, depending on the travel class and route.
Are health certificates required for pets?
Yes, pets generally need to have health certificates and vaccinations as required by the destination country's regulations.